Log in to your account in Flowrev (Sign up first if you're a new user - welcome!).
- Connect to an organization by clicking the "Connect" button on the "org" page that comes up after log in.
If you uncheck the "Sync invoices, bills and credit notes" option prior to clicking the connect button (see the first screen shot below), these elements will not be loaded on connect. Some users prefer to do some of the initial one-time setup first prior to loading invoices etc., which can be easily done by disconnecting and connecting a second time (from the org tab/page visible after log in) with this option selected. But it is also fine to leave this option checked.
- Xero will ask you to Authorize your organization with Flowrev, so that Flowrev can access your organization's data.
- You'll be taken to the Xero login (if you are not logged in to Xero), and/or to the organization authorization page.
- Once you authorize Flowrev, you will be redirected back to Flowrev.
- Flowrev will load relevant information required for revenue and cost recognition - on first connect this includes the chart of accounts, inventory items list, invoices, bills, credit notes etc. On subsequent connects to the same organization, only new/modified elements are loaded.
Note: the first data load for large organizations can take multiple minutes, during this period you may see the "Authorize Application" screen for an extended period of time [current record: 32min] before being redirected back to Flowrev. Please be patient. Depending upon the browser you are using, you should see a spinning "working" indicator in the browser tab title area. Subsequent data loads usually take only a few seconds.
- You can then follow the Flowrev workflow described in the how to get started and use Flowrev article to create your recognition schedule and sync it back to Xero.
IF YOU HAVE CONNECTED BEFORE YOU WILL SEE THE BELOW SCREEN ON LOGIN (and can "SELECT ORG" vs. "CONNECT").
WHEN YOU CLICK "CONNECT" YOU WILL SEE A REQUEST FROM XERO TO AUTHORIZE FLOWREV
PRESSING "AUTHORIZE" WILL SEND YOU TO THE XERO SITE TO LOG IN AND AUTHORIZE YOUR ORG
SELECT THE ORGANISATION YOU WANT TO LOAD TO FLOWREV AND PRESS "AUTHORIZE"
FLOWREV WILL NOW LOAD THE ORG's INVOICES AND OTHER FOUNDATIONAL INFORMATION
Note: the first data load for large organizations can take multiple minutes, during this period you may see the above screen for an extended period of time [current record: 32 min] before being redirected back to Flowrev. Please be patient. Depending upon the browser you are using, you should see a spinning "working" indicator in the browser tab title area. Subsequent syncs are usually much faster.
THE ORG HAS BEEN LOADED AND IS READY FOR SETUP